A lot of people have asked me why I have not "upgraded" from my 10 year old Proton Wira. Guess that I have to clarify it once and for all:
- I owned the car from day 1, and I know all the knicks and knacks of it. Plus I always replace with good parts, so the engine is tip top condition. Matter a fact, it's so well maintained, it's still running the same mileage since day 1, i.e. RM450/tank.
- I missed my chance when I could. Many times.
Heh - you all probably dying to know what I meant. I'll talk you though it by chronological order, from when I got my Wira.
- Year 1 - already thought of it. Talked to a few friends, and told me it's bad value to sell Proton until at least Year 3, coz it's gonna be the same price. So I waited.
- Year 5 - got into this cybercafe business, had too much partying and got into another stupid business. So I waited.
- Year 7 - getting to get married. So I waited.
- Year 8 - wife pregnant, angel of joy coming. So I waited.
- Year 9 - sole bread wiener. So I waited.
- Year 10 - economy downturning. So am waiting.
And that's why they all say, "it's the timing, man". So true, so true.
"So when will you change?", you said?
- My car seizes to work,
- Migrate and buy a kick ass car overseas! (screw Malaysia import duties)
Of coz I hope that it'll be case 2.