The question: Should I replace my car?
The reason: My car is in half good condition (in another words, half gone).
The struggle: (I should be grateful that I have a car, although it's a 10 years old Proton) vs (As natural human being strive to further better one's life living standard, and safety, therefore a family person like myself should get a least a reliable Japanese car).
OK, more description.
My Wira works for me now. If I get a new car, I would need to work *for* my car. You all understand what I mean right? My current car is fully paid for in loan, and for me to get a Japanese car, I would have to get myself into a huge debt, which would cause the following side effect:
- I will lose a lot of chance to buy other shiny, more useful, live improving ....toys. I mean gadget. Did I say toy?
- The financial void that from the car installment might impact the family plan to migrate,
- Very most the likely that my next car will not be as fuel efficient as my Wira 1.3 which does RM80 = 450-520KM.
On the flip side, (or devil side, if you would)...
- Proton = death trap for my family and Iz,
- (Lame peer pressure) - everyone around me have a decent car,
- I could actually (almost) afford a second hand Corolla Altis, which has a high resale value compared to other cars, so I will not lose too much money when we leave the country.
So what do you all think?